Many ISP’s and e-mail providers have spam-filters or use blacklists to weed out unwanted SPAM e-mails. Unfortunately, this means some filtering programmes may incorrectly identify emails from Cellar Club as SPAM. If you use the any of these ISP’s or email providers, we have provided some steps to make sure you will receive emails from the Cellar Club.
- Highlight the email from the Cellar Club you would like to add to your safe sender’s list.
- From the Actions tab, select the Junk E-Mail Option and then the Add Sender’s Domain to Safe Senders List.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Reply in the upper right side of your inbox screen.
- Click the Add to Contacts List from the list that appears.
- Right-click on the Cellar Club email in your inbox.
- Click Add Sender to Contacts, check the details and click Save.
Alternatively, you can
Click on the Add Contacts link (it is on the left-hand panel of your inbox), fill in all required fields and click save.
If the email goes directly to your Spam Folder first you can add it to the safe list:
- In your Spam folder, click on the email from the Cellar Club and select it.
- Right click on the email in your inbox, click Add Sender to Contacts.
- Check the details and click Save.
Windows Live Hotmail
- Select Options (it is in the top right of your mailbox) – then select More Options.
- Select Safe and Blocked senders (under the Junk e-mail heading).
- Select Safe Senders and enter @cellarclub.co.nz.
- With the Cellar Club email open, select Message from the menu bar.
- Select Add Sender to Address Book.