Tasting - Seifrieds of Nelson7:45 - 9:45 pm
Venue: Johnsonville Community Centre Hall, 30 Moorefield Rd, Johnsonville, Wellington 6037 - Directions
Entry fee: Members $10, Guests $14
Presenter: Anna Seifried and Wellington representative Sandra Collins
Hermann and wife Agnes started the winery in Nelson in 1973 and it is now run by their 3 children.
One of those siblings, Anna Seifried, will be presenting our tasting which will consist of 7 wines, culminating with the award winning Sweet Agnes Riesling.
Organising of this tasting from one of NZ’s iconic and pioneering winemaking families is now complete. Wines for tasting include:
- 2017 Old Coach Road Sauvignon Blanc (pre-release)
- 2016 Seifried Nelson Gewürztraminer
- 2016 Seifried Nelson Würzer
- 2015 Seifried Winemakers Collection Barrique Fermented Chardonnay
- 2015 Seifried Nelson Pinot Noir
- 2014 Seifried Nelson Zweigelt
- 2016 Seifried Winemakers Collection Sweet Agnes Riesling
Drinking and driving
Members will be aware of the lowering of drink/drive limits from December 2014. If unsure read the Land Transport Amendment Act (no 2) 2014. We ask members to be conscious of these limits.
For those driving, water and some food are provided or think about a designated driver, taxi, uber or dial-a-driver to get you home safely.
Wine bottle screw caps
Save and bring them to the next monthly meeting.
Anne is collecting them to give to the Lions organised Kidney Kids support group.
No food lids or beer tops, please.